search for your favorite recipe

 

Tuesday 30 October 2007

Chicken Fajita Rollups recipe

1 large round white tortilla shell
1/2 cup grilled chicken
1/8 cup pico de gallo
1/2 cup shredded jack and Cheddar cheese mix

Grease the bottom of a round baking sheet. Place your tortilla shell on the sheet. Place all other ingredients on top and put in your broiler long enough to melt the cheese. When you take out of the broiler add: 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/8 cup diced tomatoes and about an 1/8 cup sour cream

Servings: 4

A guest's review: They don't just serve it with sour cream, they serve it with a special Mexican dipping sauce that has sour cream along with other ingredients in it. Second, it you put that tortilla shell in the broiler, it's going to get crispy. There rollups are not crispy. The microwave would be a better call.

Samantha Kingston's review: Hi. I just wanted to comment on the recipe that you guys listed for this one. I think that it's really inaccurate. I have copied it myself before I had read this and my family has said that mine tastes like the real thing. I do use pico de gallo and grilled chicken pieces that I season with chili powder while cooking. There is no lettuce in the Applebee's Rollup, so that's not something I include. As long as you use chicken that has just been cooked and is still warm, you don't need to put the wrap in the oven to melt the cheese. When you "roll it up" it melts naturally. For the "special Mexican dipping sauce", (I think Applebee's calls it Mexi-ranch dressing). I use chili powder and Ranch dressing and it tastes GREAT!!! Hope this is helpful!

No comments: